After a very successful regatta in 2017 we will repeat the format in 2018. Lots of races, no drop score and a double points last race. This provided close exciting races and skippers and crew alike all preferred this new format.
OCEAN MARINA YACHT CLUB, PATTAYA ,THAILAND
TRANSWOLD REGATTA March 1st – 4th 2018
NOTICE OF RACE …..as at 30 March 2017
The racing is organised by the Platu National Class Association in conjunction with Ocean Marina Yacht Club under the auspices of the Yacht Racing Association of Thailand. They will be held in the waters off the Ocean Marina, Na- Jomtien, Thailand.
All enquiries should be addressed to: Mr. Kevin Scott
E-mail: email@example.com Please state “Platu Transworld” as the subject. Telephone: +66 (0) 878 25 00 11
- The Regatta will be governed by: The Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS),
No national prescriptions shall apply.
The Platu 25 Class Rules 2011 as amended by the NCA of Thailand. This Notice of Race as amended by the Sailing Instructions.
- Between the hours of local sunset and sunrise the International Rules for Preventing Collisions at Sea shall
- The ISAF Special Regulations Appendix J, Category 5 Special Regulations shall apply to all These shall include, but may not be restricted to the following: yachts must carry a suitable engine and adequate fuel, anchor and towing lines as well as lifejackets for all crew. The participating yachts must adhere to reporting schedules, minimum drinking water requirements, if any. Additional safety rules, if any, will be available from the organizing committee before racing.
- All yachts must have a functioning VHF Marine Band Radio, capable of monitoring channels 16 and 72.
- Advertising on a boat or by its crew is permitted in accordance with the ISAF advertising code, formerly known as Category
- The Organizing Committee may require all participating boats to display the event sponsor’s advertising on the first 20% percent of the hull and the first 20% of the mainsail boom plus a sponsor’s flag of maximum size 500 mm x 750 mm on the
- The Sailing Instructions will be available at registration & at yachtsinthailand.com / Transworld 2018 section, at least one week before the event.
- ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY
Entry fee will be 7,500 baht (214 USD) per boat plus 2,000 baht (57 USD) party costs per crew member.
This is the proposed schedule for the event. However the Organizing Committee reserves the right to amend this schedule, and any other rules, with the Sailing Instructions
27th February and 1st March 2018
registration, measurement, weigh in and boat preparation
1st March 2018
10.30 skippers briefing for Practise regatta ( maximum of 3 races)
13.00 First race warning signal
2nd March 2018..RACE DAY 1
09.30 Skippers briefing
10.55 first warning signal..maximum 6 races
free beer after racing
3rd March 2018..RACE DAY 2
10.55 first warning signal..maximum 6 races
17.30 Free buffet and beer
4th March 2018 RACE DAY 3
10.55 first warning signal… maximum 4 races
The final race will be a double points scoring race.
After racing Free beer
As soon after 16.00 hrs as possible RESULTS and AWARDS
- The racing area will be in front of the Ocean Marina Pattaya. A description of courses to be used will be issued at registration. The courses will be inshore or coastal windward leewards at the discretion of the organizers. The course(s) will be chosen to take into account the prevailing, or forecasted weather conditions on the day of the race.
- The regatta will be scored as provided in Appendix A of the Racing Rules using the Low Point system except the last race will be a double points scoring race. Three races shall be completed to constitute a series. No drop scores.
- Maximum 16 races.
- CLASS SYSTEM
- The Platu 25 Class Rules 2011 as amended by the Thailand National Class Association shall apply. Both available on www.yachtsinthailand.com
- Yachts shall be liable for inspection in accordance with applicable safety and measurement requirements.
- A Jury shall be appointed in accordance with RRS Appendix M.
- Decisions of the jury shall be final as provided in rule 70.5.
- Any number of the jury may be available by video link only.
- Trophies shall be awarded to the first three boats.
- A trophy for the first “Controlled Sails Division ” boat, subject to two entries.
- The Organizing Committee, the Race Committee, the Regatta sponsors and their representatives, officers, members and volunteers accept no liability whatsoever for any loss of life, property, personal injury, or damage caused by or arising out of the Regatta. Participants compete entirely at their own risk.
- The Yacht Racing Association of Thailand hereby prescribes that, advertising is allowed pursuant to the ISAF Advertising Code, formerly known as Category C. However, prior approval of the Organizing Committee of the Regattas shall be required for any advertising in addition to that permitted by ISAF.
- Without limitation, the Organizing Committee is expected to disapprove any advertising it deems in conflict with Thai laws or customs and may disapprove advertising in conflict with the products of event sponsors.